Who can participate?
The activity is aimed at students attending:
- Secondary Education Schools (12-16 years old)
- Primary Education Schools (grades: D, E, F).
The participations are are categorized in:
- Primary School participations
- Middle School participations
- High School participations
which are evaluated separately.
How can I implement the activity?
Schools from all over the world are eligible to implement the activity as long as they communicate and cooperate with the organizers. Besides, operators can organize and conduct events (live performances or video contest) in their country.
The implementation of the activity can be done in the following ways:
What procedure do you propose me to follow?
The educators can include their educational activities at relevant sessions of their teaching program:
- as project work
- at educational groups that are operating in the school framework (eg theatrical team or music team…)
- lead independed teams.
- School enrollment in action
- Setting up a group of students
- Discussion and joint choice of subject (must come from a field of science)
- Discussion and division of roles, responsibilities and activities
- Set up working groups
- Update organizers for days and hours of the school group meetings
The students, according to their interests, can participate in more than one team. At the end of the activity, every team in collaboration with the responsible educators will be called to submit a document outlining the contributors of the performance (you can find a sample here), as well as a report describing all the promoting actions the team implemented (you can find a sample here). Also, the educators during two stages of the activity will be called to fill in the observation form. This is about the capturing – writing down their experience since the first moment of the activity, describing how the scientific concepts were represented and dramatized, what theatrical techniques were used, examples that highlighted the creativity (imagination, innovation, originality) and the improvisation as well as embodied moves that were used for the representation of the scientific thematic chosen. Such a documentation is especially important for the scientific/pedagogical assessment of the whole process.